Ashtanga Yoga is a classic powerful Yoga style practised by millions over the world under the initial guidance of late Yogi Pattabhi Jois (1915-2009) of Mysore, India. In this Ashtanga Yoga Course, you will practice the classic primary series, with little variations to accommodate the 75 minutes length class (instead of classic 90 minutes)
This Ashtanga Yoga practice will help students strengthen to the flow of the breath (Vinyasa Yoga) while providing an understanding of tricky poses of the primary series. The class offers simpler variations as necessary. Students can expect an increase in Strength, Stamina and Flexibility over a very short period of time if practised consistently. Weekly practice is essential.
Who’s it for?
The Ashtanga Yoga Class is suitable for all Yogis with a regular practice and a keen interest in deepening their practice. Not suitable for Beginners. Ideally versed in dynamic styles such as Vinyasa and Core Strength or Power.
A good understanding of the basics with a regular weekly practice is encouraged. New to Yoga, please consider enrolling first to our Beginners Yoga Course and then our Beginners Level 2 Course, and Level 3 Course. After this a dynamic style is encouraged (Vinyasa, Power, Core Strength).
Follow On Courses/Upgrades
Any of our other classes depending on the style and pace that you may be looking for.
Become a Member more at the Membership options
For another challenge try Power Yoga Classes
What To Bring
Best to have your own Yoga Mat, please bring one along or purchase one from us.
Exercise clothing required. Yoga is practised barefoot.
Reigate Yoga Studios
Check Timetable for times
Yogamoo™ Mobile and Tablet App
Over 18 Years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
Lisa Marie Bertoni
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy for Drop-in Classes , Drop-in Passes and Memberships
- Classes can be booked up to 5 mins before class start
- If booking a class within the 2 hours window before class start, you will be automatically checked -in to class.
- Please endeavour to arrive up to 5 mins before class starts or we may have to offer your space to somebody else should the class be full.
- Not likely to make a booked class? you are responsible to cancel your booked class yourself from your account schedule at least 2 hours ahead of time to retain your credit.
- Booked class cannot be cancelled in the window 2 hours prior a class, and you will be charged if you do not attend therefore if you are not sure that you can make a booked class, best to cancel at least 2 hours before.
- All cancellations must be processed from your account and not by email or phone. For ease, you may use our free app Yogamoo
- In the unlikely event that no-one or one single space would be registered for a drop-in class, we reserve the right to cancel the class just 2 hours before the class. In this event, the class will show on the schedule as cancelled in the 2 hours window before the start of the class. You will be notified and your credit will be saved.
- No time to book? very exceptionally it's OK to just turn up and be added to the class schedule by your teacher as long as there is space and the class is on. Please check the timetable prior to attending.
- Any classes missed and not cancelled 2 hours prior is forfeited, unless a class is cancelled by Yogamoo.
- If you have not already paid for the class, your account/card may be charged for the full amount of the session.
- Drop-in passes have expiry times and will be enforced. Please check validity at time of purchase. Validity period starts from the first visit date and can be checked in your account at all times.
- If you are on an unlimited contract and you late cancel or no-show 3 times over a month period, you are restricting spaces for others. Your option to book online may be suspended for a month if you fail to cancel on-time.
Ask a question