Postnatal Yoga for New Mums with their Baby
This class is idea for new Mums in Postnatal recovery who want to practice postnatal Yoga daytime and bring their Baby along.
During the Postnatal Yoga for New Mums class, your baby will be watching you practise Yoga for Postnatal recovery. The class starts with tummy and pelvic floor repair and gradual strengthening as well as an assessment of your Rectus Abdomini wall.
The class continues with general strength and stamina poses for back strength, arms and legs as well as gluete work to support the strain put on the pelvis at this time of your life. Emphasis is on balance, stability and safety for the pelvic joints. Gentle stretches help to free up the spine and shoulders and counteract and prevent body habits settling in with long periods of time spent leaning over in your daily (and nightly!) life.
Objectives of Postnatal Yoga for New Mums
- Assessment of Abdominal muscles separation.
- Build Awareness of Pelvic Floor, and Transverse Abdominal muscles
- Gradual strengthening of the above as well other Abs muscle groups safely.
- Pelvis Stability and Safety: closing gaps and working joints appropriately
- General Strength and Stamina of major muscles groups: arms, shoulders, legs and gluete
- Having fun with other Mums and Babies
- Practising Breathing and Relaxation with your Baby
Who’s it for?
This class is suitable for all Mums in postnatal recovery with a newborn baby of minimum 8 weeks of age to about crawling stage to 2 years old
No experience necessary! if this is your first encounter with Yoga, no problem… and we hope you will keep Yoga in your life moving forward!
Mums and Baby Yoga (from 8-10 weeks+) on Thursdays 10.30am
Core Strength Yoga (from 9months+)