- Specialise in high-quality Pregnancy Yoga Classes
- Easily integrate pregnancy students to your classes
- Make your Yoga knowledge and practice complete
- Including the softer and more generous aspects of Yoga
- Rapidly expand your timetable
- Respond to your students changing needs
- Be more involved in their life journey
Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
As Yoga teachers we constantly search for different ways to give more value to our students and spread the teaching of Yoga.
Teaching Pregnancy Yoga is highly rewarding and being able to deliver high quality classes to your local community will help increase your visibility and your bottom line.
We pride ourselves in our Unique Teaching System, a tool box which makes sequencing logical and easy and from which you will derive endless lesson plans to keep your classes interesting and varied. What is more, you will be given complete class plans, including warm up sequences, a main themed sequence and closing postures.
Each class plan includes detailed breathing practices based on classic Yoga Pranayama but specifically geared at Pregnancy as well as Pelvic Floor exercises, Physiology of Birth and Guided Relaxation and Visualisation practices. This programme quite simply works, and has been our signature class plans at Yogamoo™ on the basis of 3 classes per week for many years. The programme includes 40 hours of contact and non contact hours, contact hours 28 hours over 4 days (2 x 1.5Day over 2 consecutive week ends) giving you time to assimilate, practice and ask questions between the 2 week ends.
Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Objectives
This course will give you a full understanding of how to successfully structure and deliver Pregnancy Yoga classes to suit Pregnant women in their 2nd and 3rd term of Pregnancy for a safe and comprehensive Yoga practice.
The Lesson plans are themed to focus on specific areas of emotional and physical well being in Pregnancy. Each theme will be reviewed and practised in the training room so that you understand how to best make use of them in your own style.
You will learn about Pregnancy Physiology and Anatomy, and understand the mental state of mind and needs of your pregnant students and how Yoga can help them best whether physically, mentally or emotionally. You will be able to include breathing technique for Labour Preparation in your classes and acquire an understanding of how to prepare your students for the arrival of their baby including Postnatal safety guidelines and other special applications.
What's more, you will be observing Yoga lessons taught in the Studio by your course leader. You will be fully confident to deliver tried and tested lesson plans by the time you are certified and will get an opportunity to practice teaching your peers during your course.
Who’s it for?
This Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course is intended for Certified Yoga Teachers, and Trainee Yoga Teachers (min 200H)
Qualified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher recognised by the Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK)
The Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course booking fee includes
- 4 Day Training (over 2 weekends) and Assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professional Chartered Level 2 (Course leader)
- Full Manual and Lesson Plans
- 1 Class observation on-site and debrief with the course leader
- 1 Class practical assessed by your course leader
- Set of DVDs included to reinforce knowledge and support you once your training is complete
Any transport, food or accommodation.
Prerequisites For Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
Yoga Teachers Liability Insurance is not included in this course. You will need to arrange your own insurance or check with your member's organisation whether you are already insured to teach Pregnancy Yoga classes. Yoga Alliance Professionals can help with arranging insurance.
Follow-On Courses/Upgrades After Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
Children Yoga Teacher Training Course, Mums and Baby Yoga, Postnatal Yoga specialisations
What To Bring To your Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Best to have your own Yoga Mat, please bring one along as well as a notebook and Camera should you want to record some of the sequences for your own use.
Check Timetable for times
4 Days over the consecutive weekends (Saturday 12 pm – 5 pm and Sunday 9 am – 6 pm)
- 8 Weeks of Lessons Plans and Variations re-usable over 6 months classes
- 3 DVDs to cover all Pregnancy Terms needs
- 3 Months Email and Telephone support
Yoga Alliance Professionals© Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
Q. When will I be qualified and receive my Certificate?
A. You will receive you Certificate once you have complicated both the training course and the written part of the coursework (Self Study). You can start completing the coursework during the week between the course weekends and so be qualified at the end of the course. The self study is estimated at 12 hours of work.
Q. Do you have to already be a certified yoga teacher to do this course?
A. Yes it is best to be a certified or in-training Yoga Teacher (2 years Yoga practice min) to do this course with at least 2 years of Yoga practice as a student. If you are not a certified Yoga Teacher but work with Pregnant women and have an extensive personal Yoga practice, please contact us to discuss whether you could use this course to integrate Yoga practices within your professional environment. We will assess if you would be able to obtain insurance based on your individual circumstances. In any case, once certified to teach Pregnancy Yoga you will only be able to teach non pregnant students if you are a certified Yoga Teacher.
Yoga Alliance Professionals© Fully Certified 40 hours Course including 28 contact hours and 12 hours self-study
- 28 Contact Hours
- 4 Days in Training Room with Course Leader
- 2 Weekends
- Saturday 12 pm – 5 pm
- Sunday 9 am – 6 pm
Including 1 Class Observation
Class Observation 1 Hour
Teaching Techniques 3 hours
- Understanding Students Needs
- Class Introductions
- Yoga in Pregnancy
- Contra-indication of Postures
- Pregnancy Ailments that Yoga can / can't help
Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology of Pregnancy
- Body Changes and Hormones
- Common Pregnancy Ailments
- Mental and Emotional Needs
- Role of Midwifes and Antenatal Care
Teaching Pregnancy Yoga
- Teaching Method:
- Art of sequencing,
- Lessons Plans for Each Trimester
- Class Observation
- Discussion (Lunch Time)
Teaching Pregnancy Yoga
- Teaching Techniques:
- Pregnancy Teaching Themes around Physiology
- Chakras Balancing
- Emotional Needs and Mental Needs
- Teaching Techniques Special applications:
- Late Pregnancy,
- Teaching with Chairs,
- Adapting with Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Use of Wall
- Breathing in Labour Preparation
Teaching Methodology 3 Hours
- Q&A (recap of Day 1 and Day 2)
- Teaching Techniques Special Applications
- Relaxation Techniques
Practical Assessment (Teaching practice) 5 Hours
- Teach one or several sections of a lesson plan to peers
- Observe peers teaching sections of the class
- Constitute several versions of a full 45 mins class or a full class time permitting
- Group Discussions and individual Feed-back
- Follow up
- Course Feedback
- Course Forms
12 Hours Self Study / Course Work
Put together and submit 4 lessons plans following the Yogamoo Teaching Method
Practice teaching your lessons plans to friends and students
1 Class Observation Report (2nd Class Observation recommended but optional)
2 Short Essays to write (2 x 300 words answer to questions – see Coursework)
1 Book Review from the suggested Reading list (optional)
A full list of the Coursework (ie Essay questions and Reading List) will be sent to the applicant upon booking.
Earning your Certification
- Full attendance is required for the 4-day course and you should make sure that you are available for all the hours on those 4 days. In an emergency out of your control, we may be able to rebook you on another course
- Once the course is completed, we suggest a period of time of maximum 1-3 months to complete your coursework and class observations to gain your full certification. During those 3 months, you should practice your Pregnancy Yoga teaching skills with friends and students as often as possible to cement your understanding and gain experience. Once your weekend Training has been completed, you may start teaching immediately as a trainee Pregnancy Yoga teacher. In any case, once certified you should start teaching as soon as possible
We are confident that you will enjoy your course and will be made feel fully comfortable at all stages of your course, however, should you have any reason to complain about any aspect of your course, please speak to your course leader in private, ideally during your 4 day Training so that we get a chance to address your complaint and correct the cause of the issue to your satisfaction. Alternatively please phone and speak to the office or your course leader who may then ask you to email your complaint to fully address your issues. We aim to fully address your issues and offer corrective actions within 48 hours of receiving a formal written complaint. You should, however, demonstrate that you have tried to resolve issues amicably at the time of your course.
Reigate is 29 minutes from Victoria Station and 13 minutes by car from Gatwick and has a great service from London so is very easy to get to by the M25.
Our maps are here for you
Reigate Yoga Studio
The nearest train station is Reigate train station which is 15 to 20-minute walk from the Studio through beautiful Reigate. Redhill is the larger station which is 3 minutes from Reigate Station.
Reigate is at the bottom of the M25 junction 8. Once you are off the M25 follow the signs to Reigate.
Parking is available in the street, or in the all-day car park nearest being the Priory Car Park.
Gatwick airport is 13 minutes away and about £10-£15 in an Uber cab, more expensive via the Airport taxis.
There are many hotels in Gatwick Airport and a handful in Reigate.
Top 10 hotels near Reigate
To start the application process please click on the Apply Now button.
We will ask you about your aims and qualifications or CV. Your application will be acknowledged immediately by return email and space will be granted based on availability and suitability at the discretion of Yogamoo and on account of experience demonstrated and aims. We may call you to discuss application and availability and you will be able to proceed to book. Yogamoo will endeavour to provide a space on the next available course should a course be full. Yogamoo reserves the right to refuse an application.
Code of Conduct
As a Yogamoo Certified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher, you will need to comply with your Course of Conduct.
Please read, print and sign DOWNLOAD HERE (bring a copy to the training).
Booking Terms and Conditions
Full payment is expected at the time of booking. We will accept cancellations only 7 days prior to any course starts. After 7 days and in any case prior to the beginning of any course, you may be able to transfer your course towards another day or person or course in the near future (90 days), this is based on availability and at our discretion. In all cases, a charge of 20% admin fee will be withheld. After the beginning of the Yoga Course, no refund or exchanges will be processed. Any issues attending all or part of the course, please contact us as soon as possible.
In the unlikely event that Yogamoo would have to cancel the course, Yogamoo may need to reschedule the course at an agreeable date, ensuring that students can complete their certification in the time initially planned. Students will be notified within 7 days minimum of a course starting and rescheduled within 1-6 weeks of initial date.